Home
Get your talents noticed!  Have fun!  Find friends!
Fun4biz

Fun4Biz is much more than just communication.

We help you shine and prosper!

Problem
[ Blob Varchar ]   Created: 10/18/09   Closing date: 10/31/09

Pretty often I need to talk to a foreigner without knowing his or her language.

Could anybody help me and others solve this problem?

Top Rated

 
Solution
[ Elena Dobrynchenko ] 10/18/09
Expert rating 8
Public rating 8.5

Have you read "Tom Sawyer" by Mark Twain?

It says, "All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure."

So, you have ignorance. All you need for success now is confidence:-))) Talk in a foreign language with confidence and then success is sure.

Watch the movie "Katherine Tate: Language Translator" below that supports my point:-)))

Media File  Katherine Tate: Language Translator
 
 
Solution
[ Vadim Kotelnikov ] 10/23/09
Expert rating 8.2
Public rating 8.14

Communication: How the Message is ConveyedBody and emotions speak lauder than words. According to some studies, words convey 10% of the total message only. The remaining 90% of the message are conveyed through body language and emotions. So, learn body language, listen to emptions and you'll understand 90% of the message. You'll also be able to convey 90% of your message by using the same means.

Just don't forget, that the same gestures can different meaning in different countries (see cross-cultural differences). So learn cross-cultural communication rules and technques as well.

 
Tree of discussion
Expand all Hide comments Sort by serious/humorous Author Rating Date
Confidence Is the Key
Humorous Elena Dobrynchenko 8.5 10/18/09
Let Body and Emotions Talk
  Vadim Kotelnikov 8.14 10/23/09
Re: How To Talk To a Foreigner Without Knowing the Language?
  Anna Skachkova 7.38 10/21/09
About borrowed words
  Swetlana Mitina 11/1/09
‘Tele Scouter’ retinal-display translation glasses
  Anchali Hyapha 11/1/09
Sponsors of this page: